Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Miami Herald Interviews Alexis Bellino


MiamiHerald.com:
Being on a reality show has its ups and downs. Just ask Alexis Bellino, one of The Real Housewives of Orange County, who’s been with the show since Season 3. She has had her share of friends and enemies over the course of her three seasons (it is unclear whether Bravo wants a seventh go-around).


That’s OK with Bellino, who has a lot of things going on. She is currently in town doing the rounds to show off her Alexis Couture fashion line, appearing both on South Florida Today and Deco Drive on Friday.


The trip mixes business and pleasure. Bellino will be bringing her husband, Jim, to celebrate his birthday at such hotspots as The Forge, Meat Market, and Wall at the W.


“I definitely want to branch out,’’ says the mother of three, 34. “I have a few passions and a few things that are kind of coming to me. I have to see how it pans out.’’


Beside fashion, Bellino would like to get into pageant-hosting full-time: “I’m ready for it. I mean, I’m mentally prepared.’’


But she realizes every move she makes is going to be scrutinized. Viewers saw how she and her family went through real-estate and financial problems and dubbed her the “Jesus Barbie,’’ because of her strong faith.


“It’s definitely stressful being on [ Housewives],’’ she admits. “You go through your life in front of the entire nation. If you have one bad episode, everyone’s mad at you.’’


Most of her criticism is Web-related.


“There is a lot of bad blogging out there,’’ she says, adding: “Every person who comes up to me in public is very positive and super kind.


“My rule is: I stay off the Internet, I don’t Google myself. I don’t read what other people have to say about me.’’


Being on the show has toughened her up.


“I used to be sick to my stomach all night long, just devastated,’’ she says. “But now I have a tougher skin. It takes a lot to upset me now. My family is happy, and that’s all that matters.’’

No comments:

Post a Comment